We ran this workshop just last week, here’s what people said…
“great workshop! I learned a huge amount!”
“has given me the confidence to try”
“informative, simple to understand”
“extremely useful workshop”
“I have a better understanding that I’m not there to fix – it is ok just to be there and listen.”
“opens the door to a mind opening way of understanding other people’s experiences”
Poster [pdf] hearing voices-worker training-poster-26Jun 2013
please feel free to print, post, distribute – or hand to your worker and ask them when they are going to atend…
Learn how you can…
- find the common ground between your own internal experiences and the kind of extreme states that others may experience.
- create a one person safe space for people to talk about their difficult experiences.
- emmancipate yourself : even in a system that puts pressure on you to be otherwise, you can be a human being first, even at work.
Registration required click here
We also offer limited number of discounted spaces for students and those currently seeking work at $100.
More about this workshop
This workshop is not like a TV makeover: will not turn you into an instant expert.
It is designed to leave you feeling more competent and more confident to work one-to-one with people who hear voices and struggle with their experiences, and will enable you to connect with a community of folks who are doing similar.
This workshop will enable you to…
- Understand hearing voices as a normal human experience, maybe not shared by everyone, but part of the variation and diversity of what it means to be human
- Look within your own experience and relate with different experiences of hearing voices
- Explore how you can work more easily and be more real with people who hear voices
Who this workshop is for…
If, in your work, you come into contact with people who hear voices and who struggle; and you have experienced how that can leave you feeling uncomfortable or worse, then we think you’ll find this one day workshop useful.
So, if you’re a doctor, nurse, social worker, community worker, housing worker, peer support worker, psychologist, therapist, police officer, etc., then it may be for you.
This is an intensive workshop covering a lot of ground , together we will :
- Gain insights from people who hear voices, and from others who work with them.
- Connect with resources and the global hearing voices community
- Learn how we can think differently about voices
- Explore how, as workers, we can accept ourselves and each other, relax and enjoy our work: the better to offer support for people who hear voices.
Interactive – with deep personal reflection, shared sense making and dialogue. We will also experience some approaches that many voice hearers find helpful and ways you can adapt your practice.
This workshop is designed to leave you feeling more competent and confident in your own ability to work one-to-one with people who hear voices. You will not become an expert in one day but you’ll have a good basis for starting and feel more comfortable as you do.
Participants in this workshop will be invited to join our ongoing learning community.
The workshop is designed and led by Kevin Healey .
Poster [pdf] hearing voices-worker training-poster-Jun 2013
please feel free to print, post, distribute, or hand to your worker…