So real, in fact, that you can wear one.
Exclusive limited edition and designed by voices.
Let your voice speak through your shirt. Break the ice and start new conversations about the wonder, mystery and diversity of what it really means to experience being human.
The Voices Are Real is a simple message of compassion and a declaration of solidarity with those who have lived their lives having their experience denied them.
Support and join us in breaking through taboo and making it easier to begin new conversations about difficult human experiences – like when we hear voices that others don’t – that we might begin healing the wounds we can each bear from living in this world.
Each Tee you buy gifts us a small amount to help cover our modest costs in running our website, sharing information and resources and supporting individuals, families and communities in starting new conversations – but of course, it says a whole lot more too.
The Shirts are Real too…
These shirts are designed by voices and available now in a limited edition.
- Three styles: unisex and women’s fit tees, and a unisex long-sleeve
- Range of sizes
- Limited range of groovy, voice-appropriate, voice-approved colours.
Order yours now…
Orders are fulfilled direct through Teespring operations by using the link below.
To order via Teespring ...https://teespring.com/stores/bitmadtees#
Who hears voices?
- At least 4% of us hear voices on a regular basis
- Three-in-four of us will at least once, often around difficult life experiences like the loss of a loved one.
- Many, many writers, musicians and artists – likely including a few of your favorites and many who have given credit to their voices for helping them in their work.
- 58% of medical students – according to one study.
- Many historical figures including least one or two Prime Ministers.
- In some cultures, hearing voices is highly revered and in others it is the people who don’t hear voices and don’t talk about it who who are the ones others become concerned about.
If you haven’t yet then you – or someone you know – probably will one day. Research shows it is a surprisingly common experience and that the majority of people who do or have find it benefits them in some way.
We don’t hear about that because we’ve made it a taboo – something we can’t talk about.
So let’s start talking about it.
Struggling alone is no way to struggle
This means people who struggle become isolated and so come to struggle even more.
When a person does struggle the difficulty they have is, invariably, understandable in simple terms when taken in context of their whole life – particularly, in relation with difficult experiences and any feelings of disconnection and powerlessness that can result. Learning to live with voices can actually help decipher and unlock that pain.
The first thing we can all do is accept the experience as real – hence why we say The Voices Are Real and offer a sense of hope. If we can steal ourselves do that we can start to really listen, and we might surprise ourselves how we can begin to understand the struggle a person might be experiencing.
We aim to support individuals, families and communities in empowering themselves to start a new kind of conversations around difficult human experiences and healing the wounds we might bear from living in this world.
We are proudly part of the Hearing Voices Network a global community.