Laurie York kicks butt
Here Laurie she talks to an ISEPP conference of the experience , regretably all too common, that followed after her son fell ill and they sought medical advice:
10 minute exam, prescription for drugs , seeming improvement followed by rapid decline, increased dosing, increased weight, then chaos, changing personality; chaotic too-fast withdrawal, crash , death obsessed, aggression, police, cold turkey withdrawal, crash, further diagnosis.
By now, fortunately, Laurie had learned – found real support of people who understood : then the weaning slowly off – getting clean before healing could begin.
“It takes a long time to get off but people are getting off these drugs without long protracted effects of withdrawal”
“until you have witnessed it you cannot even imagine what it is like”
Laurie then reads an account fron a former user of her site who is now a moderator and friend – she was diagnosed and put on PAXIL at 3 months pregnant and after being born her child went through withdrawal .
These drugs do work for some – for many, many more they can create more problems than they solve.
If you take psychiatric meds please do not just stop taking them – that can be the riskiest path of all .
The safest method has been found to be gradual – and as you can hear Laurie describe – ever more patient, very gradual reduction .
Whatever meds you take it’s a good idea to find out everything you can about them – how they work , what to expect, the side effects and safety warnings.
Check out paxilprogress.org – millions of people [ now 5.2 million] each month are doing the same.
For resources on learning about, reducing, coming off medications, see…
- New BMJ Study Reaffirms that Paxil During Pregnancy Increases Risk of Birth Defects: The Patient Advocacy Site PaxilLawsuit.com Continues to Help Birth Defect Victims (prweb.com)
- FDA Updates Paxil Warnings (paxilwarningsandreviews.typepad.com)
- Judge Rules Glaxo can Sell Generic Paxil: AttorneyOne.com Warns the Threat of Severe Birth Defects from Paxil Remains (prweb.com)
- Consider The Side Effects Before Taking The Drug Paxil (e-prescribe.biz)
- Paxil is an iron rod for patients with depression (slideshare.net)