“Awesome workshop – learned a lot, very insightful”
“Great training – will definitely inform my work with youth.”
.Friday May 31st
Tea/ Coffee/ snacks, Lunch
also available Wed Jun 26th
We also have a small number of places for those who are seeking employment and whose training is not currently funded by an agency.
Registration is required.
Please complete the registration form and mail with payment…
Easy print poster [pdf] please print and share as you wish.
More about this workshop
This workshop is not like a TV makeover: will not turn you into an instant expert but is designed to leave you feeling more competent and more confident to work one-to-one with people who hear voices and struggle with their experiences, and will enable you to connect with a community of folks who are doing similar.
This workshop will enable you to…
- Understand hearing voices as a normal human experience, maybe not shared by everyone, but part of the variation and diversity of what it means to be human
- Look within your own experience and relate with different experiences of hearing voices
- Explore how you can work more easily and be more real with people who hear voices
Who this workshop is for…
If, in your work, you come into contact with people who hear voices and who struggle; and you have experienced how that can leave you feeling uncomfortable or worse, then we think you’ll find this one day workshop useful.
So, if you’re a doctor, nurse, social worker, community worker, housing worker, peer support worker, psychologist, therapist, police officer, etc., then it may be for you.
This is an intensive workshop covering a lot of ground , together we will :
- Gain insights from people who hear voices, and from others who work with them.
- Connect with resources and the global hearing voices community
- Learn how we can think differently about voices
- Explore how, as workers, we can accept ourselves and each other, relax and enjoy our work: the better to offer support for people who hear voices.
Interactive – with deep personal reflection, shared sense making and dialogue. We will also experience some approaches that many voice hearers find helpful and ways you can adapt your practice.
This workshop is designed to leave you feeling more competent and confident in your own ability to work one-to-one with people who hear voices. You will not become an expert in one day but you’ll have a good basis for starting and feel more comfortable as you do.
Participants in this workshop will be invited to join our ongoing learning community.
The workshop is designed and led by Kevin Healey .