Do you live with…?
- difficult thoughts?
- other altered, “extreme” “unusual” states and exriences?
- all kinds of “crazy batshit stuff” others just don’t “get” or understand?
Are you looking for…
- a safe place to explore different understandings, languages and explanations?
- practical ways you can take more control of your life and experiences?
- a way to connect with people who have similar experiences?
This programme is WRAP(R) -Wellness Recovery Action Planning – but also creates space to explore different meanings and understandings and languages of extreme and difficult experiences, as well as bringing in some ideas from ore radical approaches like hearing Voices, Icarus and other communities.
The point is not to tell you want’s wrong with you or why but to give you a chance to start making sense of your experience, and learn how you can figure out how you can start making small steps toward living your life .
If you have these experiences you may have been given a diagnosis or diagnoses, and that may work for you. You may many find it’s not nearly enough and you are curious; you may want or need to more than merely exist, and you may want to find ways you can live your life but don’t know what ego start – well, here’s a place you can start that journey…
This is not a therapy group, a psychoeducation class – the central premise is that we can learn to live with all kinds of lifecrap, that we can do that by learning with and from each other.
If you are interested in..
- going beyond coping and managing and moving toward living and thriving,
- finding, claiming or reclaiming your power,
- finding ways to incorporate your experiences witjout shame
…and you feel ready to make your own changes, to learn, to grow and live, then this programme may be for you.
If you’ve done WRAP before and are interested in how it can help.
Poster – pdf version :
Living with extreme states – including WRAP Jan 2014
Who’s paying for this?
Participating in this programme is free.
There is a charge for materials – $25 to $40
[current best guess is $35] payable at first session.
The programme is provided free by recovery network: Toronto.
We are grateful to MDAO for granting us use of their space.