This last fall Family Outreach and Response ran a photovoice program. For nine weeks we met with six young people (18-25) who have experienced mental health distress and worked with them to explore the impact it has had on their lives and what hinders and helps as they move towards recovery.
Photovoice is a research, engagement, and empowerment strategy that uses photography as a tool for social change. It is a process that gives marginalized groups the opportunity to record, reflect, and critique personal and community issues in a creative way.
What arose from our group is a very diverse commentary on a range of issues, including hope, stigma, medication, and self-esteem.
We would like to invite you to see the work of those who have documented their lives from the inside and who are eager to represent themselves, their thoughts, and feelings to the outside world.
When and where:
- Wednesday – January 14th, anytime between 6:00pm and 9:00 pm
- Videofag – 187 Augusta Avenue
- The event is pay what you can (with a suggested donation of 10 dollars).
- There will be free hors d’oeuvres and dessert.
- Facebook event that you can check out and pass along… https://www.facebook.com/events/375904589237223/
You must be logged in to post a comment.