Dr Tae and his physics of skateboarding on the true nature of learning anything important, like how to pull a 360 flip to manual.
Dr Tae shares what a learning experience in skateboarding is all about – and how so very different that is from those experiences we have in institutions of learning.
Dr Tae Summarises what we can learn from learning in skateboarding [and physics]:
- Failure is normal – failure is expected
- Nobody knows ahead of time how long it takes anyone to learn anything.
- Work your ass off till you figure it out.
- There is no cheating – when learning is the goal and you get real time feedback you don’t need a teacher- you get to decide if having one is good thing.
- There are no grades – skateboarding is not brought to you by the letter A. When learning is teh goal an deth reward is learning there is no need to cheat – it’s not possible to cheat.